Friday, June 18, 2010

i know, i know.

i know i owe you guys a post about stromboli... but i realized today that i very rarely ever post just about my daily life... and today was a nice day, so i think it's a good day to start. and i don't feel TOO bad since the link to all of my stromboli pics is up on the photo links page (check it out. the place is simply heavenly).
the girls slept in pretty late today and just as they were really waking up and finishing breakfast, alessia came over to play! i didn't know she was coming, but the girls seemed to... oh well. then, before i knew it, it was time to go to the girls' grandmother's house for lunch. we've done this a few times now and i really enjoy it. it's a bit like dinners at my own grandparents' house. their "nona" always calls me "bella" and as soon as my fork hits my plate she is telling me to take more food ("prendi, bella, prendi"). and she always prepares traditional sicilian dishes, which is great! my favorite has been the spaghetti with zucchini- i plan on making that myself when i get back stateside.
at lunch we read the girls' end of year report cards. they each got excellent marks, of course. and to reward them renato and nathalie decided to let them get a wii! we had to go on a bit of a trek to get the wii, the extra wiimote, etc, but the girls were simply ECSTATIC. i wish i had video of their first round playing mario kart. they were literally jumping up and down as they played it, smiling ear to ear. there's not much beter than seeing two adorable kids enjoying a well-deserved present.
it was nice and cool out so we had a light dinner out on the terrace. i great end to a relaxed day. and even better- we're all going to taormina tomorrow! i can't wait to get some more great pictures and finally visit the ancient theatre!
on the downside though, i'm missing my fellas back home. tomorrow is hubby's birthday, and the day after is father's day. :(
well, until next time (which will hopefully be tomorrow or sunday), ciao cuppycakes!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog and your writing, very fun!

    I'd love it if you could stop by my blog sometime! withmonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete