Friday, June 25, 2010

papino



i know, i know… i got some splainin' to do. it's been a while since i've posted… but we all know my capacity to procrastinate is immense. and just thinking about everything i wanted to tell you about stromboli and all the writing and photo uploading that would entail was enough to TOTALLY put me off. but then i talked to my dad. it was the first time we've really talked since i've been here, so i was so excited. and he told me that he started checking my blog so immediately i started thinking "well i've got to post everything now so he can hear all about it!" (he's seen the pics on facebook already, so at least he knows a little bit). so, you can all leave nice thank you comments for my dad on this post :) also, in honor of my dad, here's what i got him for father's day! i was so proud of myself, i think it's all pretty perfect.























my dad LOVES to cook. and he's AMAZING at it. italian food is his favorite, so he's incredibly jealous that i'm here. soooo i decided i would pick up some really great ingredients for him. first, look at that fresh-made pasta! it's rainbow! the different colors are achieved by adding different natural ingredients (the green has some spinach, the purple comes from beets, etc) instead of terrible food coloring. it's really beautiful just in the package (this picture doesn't quite do it justice) so i know it's going to look wonderful once it's cooked. i also picked up a dried mixture of local spices and herbs, you soak these and then add them to the pasta. for the finishing touch i chose this really nice mediterranean sea salt mixed with different local pepper spices (my dad loves red pepper). and to top it all off, i thought, "what's father's day without something kitschy?" ties and mugs are the norm, but i happened to find this godfather apron! it's totally perfect. my dad has already seen this stuff on skype, but i can't wait to get home and actually give it to him. i love you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment