Sunday, May 30, 2010

just some thoughts on a sunday.

today is my "day off", and let's just say my morning didn't exactly start well. so, understandably, i wasn't in the best of moods. i was laying on my "bed" catching up on some blogs and trying to take my mind off of what's bothering me and all of a sudden i hear ophelia start singing in her room. she has been singing for a few minutes now and it's so adorable that my mood has totally been lifted. ophelia and i definitely have some difficult moments, so it really makes me appreciate the times when i see how sweet she can be. i try to bottle them up and remember them at the times when she is ignoring me, or trying to run way in front of me when we're walking along a busy street and it's really hot and i'm tired because i was walking for an hour before she even got out of school and she acts like i don't even exist and neither do the crazy italian people who completely disregard all common sense when driving. and it actually works.
*update: it turns out she was actually writing a song for eva, who was away on an overnight camping trip for scouts. absolutely precious. she performed it for everyone when eva returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment