Sunday, July 4, 2010

sentimentality? from me?

i'm not going to lie to you, cuppycakes... i don't really miss charleston. i DEFINITELY miss my family and friends. but charleston? not so much. however... today i find myself wishing i was back there. and now you may be asking 'well, if you don't like it there, why would you want to be there?' the answer can be found in today's date. IT'S THE FOURTH OF JULY! i don't care who you are... independence day is awesome. almost as near and dear to my heart as halloween. and considering my almost unnatural affinity for dressing up (and candy), that says a lot. and what's not to love? explosions, spending the day in your bathing suit, parties, hot dogs and hamburgers, watermelon, parties, laying by the pool or in the sand all day and then watching EXPLOSIONS all night. and to make matters worse i haven't even had a hamburger in nearly two months.
obviously american independence day isn't celebrated here... that wouldn't really make sense. so it's pretty much just any other sunday. plus i'm sick. and not feeling well always has a way of making you want to be at home, snuggled up in your own bed. but i digress... there were a lot of things i knew i would miss out on my being in italy for an entire summer, but for some reason it completely escaped me that this would be the first time in my life that i will not celebrate independence day. though that's not to say my day will be completely lacking in all forms of celebration-- my post is up on the OneTravel blog today! they spelled my name wrong,  but i don't really care because i've spent almost two months now being called everything BUT the way i've always said my own name. so go check it out! it's the first post on the main page, onetravel.wordpress.com
much love and a happy fourth to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment